Photo: Marina Oliphant
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, unpeeled and crushed lightly
- 250g blanched almonds or walnut halves
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp of sea salt, crushed
- kitchen paper
Heat butter and oil with the crushed garlic cloves. When the butter is foaming, drop in the nuts and stir constantly for at least 3-4 minutes until golden. Tip nuts into a colander and then drain on kitchen paper.
In a bowl mix the paprika with the sea salt. Tip in the warm, drained nuts and toss to coat. Cool to room temperature.
Store in an airtight container.
- Main Ingredients - Nuts
- Course - Finger-food, Snacks
- Occasion - Christmas, Cocktail Party, Barbecue