Keeping the cricket players happy; crumbed, fried chicken with plum dipping sauce. Photo: Edwina Pickles
1kg chicken tenderloins
200g plain flour
300ml milk or buttermilk
400g fine breadcrumbs or Japanese panko
1 tbsp finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
1 tsp sea salt
100ml vegetable oil
100g plum sauce
1. Remove any sinews from the chicken. Set out three bowls in order to coat the chicken. Place the flour in first. Whisk the eggs and milk together in the second. Mix the breadcrumbs, parsley and sea salt together in the third.
2. Coat each piece of chicken on all sides, first in the flour, then in the egg wash, then in the crumbs.
3. Heat the oil in a heavy-based fry pan and cook the chicken on both sides until golden and cooked through. Drain on paper towel, and serve with plum sauce for dipping.
- Main Ingredients - Chicken, Eggs, Cream/Milk
- Course - Finger-food, Dinner, Main-course
- Occasion - Australia Day, Cocktail Party, Kids' cooking