- 1/3 cup large black Kalamata olives
- 1 cup fresh Medjool dates (or Iranian dried dates, soaked for an hour in water and drained)
- two drops pure bourbon vanilla essence (or orange,mandarin or peppermint essence)
- 1/3 cup Dutch cocoa, plus extra for dusting
Remove and discard pits from olives. Soak olives in cold water for an hour and drain. If still salty, soak a little longer.
Place the dates in a food processor and begin to puree.
After a few minutes, add the olives and vanilla, and puree until smooth.· Slowly add the cocoa and once it's totally incorporated, stop.With a spatula, transfer the mixture to a bowl.
Roll small truffles, place them in a dish with the extra cocoa and roll them around to cover in cocoa.
Serve at the end of a meal and watch your guests have an unforgettable taste experience.
- Main Ingredients - Chocolate
- Course - Dessert