Apricot and nectarine sundaes with honey cream and pistachios
The blushing apricot, a member of the rose family, can make a luscious dessert or a superb jam, or can be simply eaten as a snack or chopped and scattered over muesli.
Photo: Quentin Jones
Have your say
- 6 large apricots (about 90g each), seeded and sliced
- 3 white nectarines, seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp kirsch
- 750mL vanilla bean ice-cream
- 1 cup (150g) pistachios, coarsely chopped
- 2 tbsp honey
- 300mL pouring cream, whipped
Place apricot and nectarine slices in a large bowl, sprinkle with kirsch, then toss gently to combine and stand for 5 minutes.
For honey cream, place honey and cream in a bowl and stir until well combined.
To serve, place a scoop of vanilla bean ice-cream in the bottom of eight 1 1/2 cup capacity glasses. Top with some of the fruit, then a spoonful of honey cream; repeat layering with remaining ice-cream, fruit and honey cream. Sprinkle with pistachios and serve immediately.