This makes a great entree or would be amazing as a side dish, served in a wooden bowl, for a main meal.
Photo: Eddie Jim
Have your say
- 120g fresh borlotti beans
- 500ml chicken stock or vegetable stock or water
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 50ml olive oil
- 2 handfuls rocket, washed
- 1 medium head fennel, trimmed and finely sliced
- 1 red apple, cut into quarters, cored and finely sliced
- 50g walnuts
Simmer the borlotti beans in stock, adding a little more water if needed, until soft. Drain and reserve. Make dressing by mixing lemon juice, olive oil and seasoning together. Toss beans with remaining ingredients, dress and serve.