Steamier than ever: Baked potatoes are turning up on fine-dining menus. Photo: Jessica Hromas
4 large baking potatoes (such as sebago)
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp sea salt
12 tiger prawns, cooked and peeled
3 tbsp sour cream
2 tbsp good mayonnaise
1 tbsp dijon mustard
1 tbsp lemon juice
½ tsp paprika
1 tsp castor sugar
sea salt and cracked black pepper
2 tbsp snipped chives
1 tbsp dill fronds
1. Heat oven to 200C. Scrub the potatoes and towel dry. Prick the skin lightly, coat in olive oil, and roll in sea salt. Bake directly on the rack in the centre of the oven for 45 to 55 minutes or until tender.
2. Beat the sour cream, mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice, paprika, sugar, sea salt and pepper together, and add a dash of water if too thick. Cut the prawns into chunks if large.
3. Cut a shallow lengthwise wedge from the side of each potato, season the potato flesh and break it up with a fork. Lightly toss the prawns, chives and dill in the sour cream, pile on top of each potato and serve.
- Main Ingredients - Potato, Shellfish, Cream/Milk
- Cuisine - Modern Australian
- Course - Dinner, Lunch, Side Dish
- Occasion - Midweek dinner, Barbecue