Photo: Marina Oliphant
- 3 tbsp orange juice
- 2 tbsp lime juice, or lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 1 mild red chilli, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Sea salt and pepper
- 1 red onion, halved and finely sliced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 red capsicum
- 300g fresh pineapple, peeled
- 1/2 an avocado
- 1 cup mint leaves, chopped or torn
- 4 fresh barramundi fillets
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 lime or lemon, cut into wedges
To make salsa, whisk orange juice, lime or lemon juice, garlic, chilli, sweet chilli sauce, olive oil, sea salt and pepper. Add red onion and tomatoes and set aside while you prepare remaining ingredients.
Cut cheeks from red capsicum and dice flesh. Dice pineapple and avocado. Add red capsicum, pineapple, avocado and mint to salsa and toss lightly.
Season fish well. Heat vegetable oil in a pan and cook fish skin-side down until nearly cooked through, then turn and finish cooking lightly on the other side. Serve with tropical salsa and lime for squeezing.
Serve with steamed rice, or add half a cup of coconut milk to the rice before cooking for an even more tropical note.
- Main Ingredients - Pineapple