- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 sprig rosemary, leaves chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons mustard (as mild or hot as you like)
- 1?2 cup beer (I used Epic lager)
- 600g piece rump steak
- 1 cup beef stock (I used Essential Cuisine)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Mix together the garlic, rosemary, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, mustard and beer in a non-reactive dish. Snip the skin of the beef at 5cm intervals to stop the steak curling up during cooking. Place in the marinade and refrigerate for 4-6 hours.
When ready to cook, remove the beef from the marinade and pat dry. Strain the marinade through a fine sieve and place in a small saucepan with the beef stock. Reduce by half and keep warm.
Season the beef with salt and pepper, and grill to your liking.
You can also find hundreds of recipes from Cuisine, the World's Best Food Magazine, on http://www.cuisine.co.nz/
- Main Ingredients - Beef
- Course - Main-course