Borlotti bean puree with olives and radicchio
Great on its own with chunky toast or as an accompaniment to grilled meats, fish or vegetables.
Have your say
- 200g shelled fresh borlotti beans
- 200g potatoes, washed, skin on
- 8 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red onion, peeled and diced
- 1 small head radicchio, trimmed, chopped
- 50g large green olives, pitted, chopped
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper
Place borlotti beans in a pot, cover with water, bring to the boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and keep cooking for 30-40 minutes until tender.
Steam potatoes until they can be pierced easily with a skewer. Strain beans, reserving 1 cup cooking liquid.
Peel potatoes and mash with beans, half the olive oil and a little cooking liquid. Heat remaining olive oil in a pan and gently fry onion until soft.
Add radicchio and fry until wilted. Stir into puree with olives and vinegar. Season to taste.
Wine: Aged semillon or chardonnay