Photo: Jennifer Soo
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, squashed
- 8 chicken pieces, eg, wings and thighs
- Sea salt and pepper
- 1 onion, halved and finely sliced
- 300g savoy cabbage, finely shredded
- 800g tinned borlotti beans, rinsed
- Few sprigs of thyme
- 500mL chicken stock, heated
Heat the olive oil with the garlic in a heavy frypan and sear the chicken until golden. Remove the chicken, season well and set aside.
Drain off any excess oil, and cook the onion for
5 minutes until softened.
Add cabbage, beans, thyme and hot stock, stirring, and bring to the boil. Return the chicken to the pan and simmer gently for 30 mins or until cooked. Check seasoning and mash some of the beans with a potato masher to thicken the broth. Serve on warm dinner plates.
This recipes is featured in the book, Winter which is available now in all good bookstores RRP $34.95. To order direct call 1300 656 059 or visit www.smh.com.au/store
- Main Ingredients - Chicken
- Cuisine - Italian
- Course - Main-course