Trifle with your breakfast routine with this crunchy, uplifting dish. Photo: Edwina Pickles
400g watermelon flesh, chopped
3 tsp powdered gelatin
3 tbsp boiling water
3 tbsp icing sugar, sifted
250g plain natural yoghurt
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
200g crunchy granola
250g mixed berries, prepped
1. To make the watermelon jelly, puree the watermelon flesh and strain. Whisk gelatin and boiling water until smooth and whisk into watermelon puree. Strain again into a mould, and refrigerate until set.
2. To make the raspberry sauce, gently heat 100g raspberries with 1 tbsp icing sugar, push through a sieve, discarding pulp, and refrigerate until needed.
3. To make the yoghurt cream, whisk the yoghurt with remaining icing sugar and vanilla.
4. To serve, layer the jelly, berry sauce, yoghurt cream and granola in wide glasses or glass bowls, repeating the layers to your own satisfaction. If you like, scatter with unsprayed edible flowers such as nasturtiums or heart's ease.
- Main Ingredients - Berries, Yoghurt
- Course - Breakfast/Brunch
- Occasion - Father's Day, Mother's Day