Photo: Marina Oliphant
- 350g broccoli (300g after trimming), head cut into small florets and stems peeled and cut into thin round
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 6 anchovy fillets, chopped (optional, remove for vegetarians)
- 1 chilli, seeded and chopped
- 300g home-made linguine (300g plain flour and 3 eggs), for method see cuisine.com.au/recipe/Egg-pasta
- 20g butter
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan
· Preheat the oven to 100C. Place a large serving bowl inside to warm.
· Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil. Drop in the trimmed broccoli. When the water returns to the boil, cook for 2 minutes exactly and then scoop the broccoli into a colander resting over a mixing bowl.
· Heat the oil in a large heavy-based non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Saute the garlic for a few seconds until it smells fragrant and add the anchovies. Stir with a wooden spoon until the anchovies have melted. Tip in the chilli and the reserved broccoli.
· Bring the broccoli cooking water back to the boil and drop in the pasta. It will take just 2-3 minutes to cook.
· As soon as the pasta is ready, drain it through the colander now resting in the sink, give it a big shake and then tip it into the frying pan, with the butter and parmesan. Toss well and transfer to the heated serving bowl.
- Course - Main-course