Bulgogi. Photo: Marina Oliphant
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp white sugar
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 150ml soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 400g scotch fillet, finely sliced
- 1 small cos lettuce, washed and leaves separated
- 1 small cucumber, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup baby shiso leaves
Place garlic, sugar and chilli in a mortar and pestle and pound to a paste.
Mix well with soy sauce, sesame oil and beef.
Marinate for an hour or overnight.
Pre-heat a grill or barbecue to high and grill beef on both sides for a minute or two or until just cooked.
Serve with lettuce, cucumber and shiso.
- Main Ingredients - Beef
- Cuisine - Korean
- Course - Starter/Entree, Main-course
- Occasion - Midweek dinner