- 2½ cups short-grain white rice
- ½ cup green peas
- ½ cup sweet corn kernels
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 3 rashers bacon, cut in 1 cm wide strips
- ½ small red capsicum, diced
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 100 g small peeled cooked prawns
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
1. Place rice and 3 cups cold water in a heavy saucepan, cover and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to very lowest setting and cook for about 18 minutes until the rice has absorbed the liquid and each grain is plump and separate.
2. Boil the peas and. corn in water until just tender; drain.
3. Heat half the oil in a wok and stir- fry the bacon until cooked. Add the capsicum and spring onions, stir-fry for 1 minute and then remove. Pour in the beaten egg and turn the pan to spread the egg widely over the bottom. Cook until firm underneath, then break up with a spatula and remove. Wipe out the pan.
4. Heat the remaining oil and toss the rice over high heat for 2 minutes. Add the cooked ingredients and prawns and sprinkle on the soy sauce. Continue tossing over high heat for a few minutes. Serve hot.
- Main Ingredients - Shellfish, Pork
- Cuisine - Chinese
- Course - Dinner, Main-course, Lunch
- Occasion - Midweek dinner, Family meals