- 200g sashimi-grade salmon or ocean trout
- 200g sashimi-grade tuna, snapper or kingfish
- 3 tbsp lime or lemon juice
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- sea salt and pepper
- 1/2 cucumber, unpeeled
- 1/2 red onion, very finely sliced
- 1 mild long chilli, finely sliced
- 1/2 honeydew melon, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 rockmelon, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 small pineapple, peeled and cubed
- 2 tbsp small mint leaves
- 2 small red chillies, halved lengthways
Trim fish well and cut into 1.5 centimetre cubes.
Whisk lime, sugar and olive oil with sea salt and pepper, add fish, cucumber, onion and sliced chilli to taste and toss well.
Refrigerate for anything from 15 minutes to two hours depending on how "cooked" you want your fish. Add cubed melon, pineapple and mint leaves and lightly toss, then use a slotted spoon to arrange casually on salad places.
Drizzle with remaining marinade and top with half a chilli.
- Main Ingredients - Fish
- Cuisine - Mexican