Chargrilled blue-eye cod with green beans, tomatoes and chickpeas
A delicious and healthy meal.
Photo: Jennifer Soo
Have your say
- 420g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, plus extra
- 240g green beans, ends removed
- 250g red and yellow cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 blue-eye cod (deep sea trevalla) portions, about (200g each)
- Salt and pepper
- cup good mayonnaise
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp basil leaves, shredded
Place chickpeas in a bowl, add vinegar and two tablespoons olive oil and toss. Cook beans in lightly salted boiling water for about three minutes, drain and refresh under cold water. Drain again. Add beans to chickpeas with tomatoes and toss to combine. Brush blue-eye cod on both sides with extra oil and sear on a hot grill or barbecue for about two to three minutes, then turn, season with salt and pepper and continue to cook for about two to three minutes or until cooked as desired. Combine mayonnaise, garlic and basil and add enough hot water to lighten the texture a little. To serve, place bean mixture on serving plates, place blue-eye cod on top of beans. Top with a spoonful of basil aioli.