Photo: Edwina Pickles
- 4 white or yellow onions, unpeeled
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 red capsicums, roasted, skinned, sliced
- 200g goat's curd or soft goat's cheese
- 3 red-skinned radishes, finely sliced
- 4 tbsp fruity extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp sherry vinegar
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves
Heat the grill, and heat the oven to 200C. Cut the onions in half and brush the cut sides with olive oil. Grill (or pan-fry) the onions cut-side down until blackened, about five minutes.
Bake for a further 45 minutes to one hour, depending on size, until just cooked through. Allow to rest for 10 minutes, then peel off the outside skins and separate the onion into ''cups''.
Arrange five of the best-looking cups on each dinner plate (use remaining onion in stews, soups, salads or serve with roasts). Arrange roasted red capsicums, goat's curd and radish in a natural composition.
Whisk the olive oil, vinegar, sea salt and pepper, and spoon over the top, letting it pool in the onions. Scatter with coriander leaves and serve.
- Cuisine - Italian