Cherry tomato, mozzarella and thyme pizza
The classic combination of herbs and tomatoes graces this pizza.
Photo: Quentin Jones
Have your say
- 15g fresh yeast or 2 x 7g sachets dried yeast
- 250ml warm water
- 300g plain flour, plus more for working
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 300g fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced
- 15-20 cherry tomatoes, each cut in half
- 2 cloves garlic, minced into
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp thyme, chopped
- Salt and pepper
Dissolve yeast in warm water. Make a well with the flour and mix in dissolved yeast, salt and olive oil. Knead well until dough is smooth and even. Add more flour if too wet or more water if too dry. Place in a bowl, cover with a tea towel and allow to rise for about 45-60 minutes.
Turn your oven on as high as it will go. Punch the risen dough down and knead a little more until smooth.
Divide dough into two and, on a floured work surface, roll out two thin discs to fit two large, oiled pizza trays. First put on mozzarella slices, then cherry tomatoes cut sides up.
Scatter thyme on top. Season with salt and pepper, then sprinkle on garlic oil. Place in oven - the pizzas should take about 10 minutes to cook.