Cherry tomato salad with barbecued prawns
A fresh summer salad, spiked with chilli.
Photo: Marco Del Grande
Have your say
- 20 large green (raw) prawns
- 250g punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 eschalots, chopped
- 420g can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 small red chilli, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, plus extra
- 1/2 cup mint leaves, torn
Remove heads and legs from prawns, de-vein and split lengthways. Combine cherry tomatoes, eschalots and beans in a medium bowl. In a small bowl combine molasses, lemon juice, chilli and oil and whisk well.
Heat a char grill or barbecue and brush both sides of prawns with extra olive oil. Cook prawns, flesh side down, over high heat for one to two minutes. Turn and cook until prawns change colour (two to three minutes).
Pour dressing over tomato salad and toss. Divide salad between serving plates, scatter with mint and top with prawns.