- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 10 cm (4 inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced
- 4 spring onions (scallions), sliced
- 200 g (7 oz) asparagus spears, cut into short pieces
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 40 g (1 1/2 oz/ 1/3 cup) slivered almonds, roasted
1. Heat a wok or large frying pan over high heat, add the oil and swirl to coat. Add the garlic, ginger and chicken and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes, or until the chicken changes colour.
2. Add the spring onion and asparagus and stir-fry for a further 2 minutes, or until the spring onion is soft.
3. Stir in the soy sauce and 3 tablespoons water, cover and simmer for 2 minutes, or until the chicken is tender and the vegetables are slightly crisp. Sprinkle with the almonds and serve over steamed rice.
- Main Ingredients - Chicken
- Course - Main-course
- Occasion - Midweek dinner