Photo: Marina Oliphant
- 1kg chicken mince
- 100g sliced prosciutto, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp sundried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1/2 red capsicum, finely chopped
- 12 sage leaves (approximately), finely chopped
- 100g black olives, finely chopped
- ground black pepper
- 1 egg
- enough breadcrumbs to bind (about 1/2 cup)
- extra breadcrumbs and olive oil
Mix all ingredients (except extra breadcrumbs and oil) well in a deep bowl. Fry a little in a pan to test for seasonings, and adjust seasonings to your liking.
Form mixture into balls, each of about 40-60 grams (about the size of a golf ball) and roll in the extra breadcrumbs.
Grease a baking tray with olive oil and roll balls around to lightly coat in oil before baking in hot oven (190C) until golden. Do not crowd them, and give them a shake while cooking to color evenly.
Serve with a fruit or tomato chutney or pickle.
Makes about 25.
- Main Ingredients - Chicken
- Cuisine - Italian
- Course - Finger-food