Photo: Marina Oliphant
- 50g butter
- 2 leeks, washed and sliced
- 1 litre good quality chicken stock
- 3 fresh corn cobs, kernels removed
- 2 chicken fillets (500g)
- salt and pepper
- fried shallots to garnish
- 1 red chilli, sliced (optional)
- fresh coriander leaves
Melt butter. Add leeks and cook until softened. Add stock and bring to the boil. Add chicken fillets and corn kernels and cook over a gentle heat until chicken is cooked, about 5-10 minutes.
Remove chicken. Using a stick blender, puree the soup, leaving some chunky pieces for texture. Shred the chicken with your fingers and return to the pan.
Ladle into soup bowls, garnish with fried shallots, chilli and coriander. Serve with crusty bread.
- Main Ingredients - Chicken
- Cuisine - Chinese