- 300 g (10 1/2 oz) pasta
- 425 g (15 oz) tinned cream of mushroom soup
- 2 eggs
- 185 g (6½ oz/ 3/4 cup) mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 200 g (7 oz) grated cheddar cheese
- 600 g (1 lb 5 oz) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 400 g (14 oz) frozen broccoli pieces, thawed
- 40 g (1 1/2 oz/ 1/2 cup) fresh breadcrumbs
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F/Gas 4). Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of rapidly boiling salted water until al dente. Drain well and return to the pan to keep warm. Combine the soup, eggs, mayonnaise, mustard and half the cheese in a bowl.
2. Heat a lightly greased non-stick frying pan over medium heat, add the chicken and cook for 5-6 minutes, or until cooked through. Season with salt and pepper, then set aside to cool.
3. Add the chicken and broccoli to the pasta. Pour the soup mixture over the top and stir. Transfer the mixture to a 3 litre ovenproof dish. Sprinkle with combined breadcrumbs and remaining cheese. Bake for 20 minutes, or until it becomes golden brown.
- Main Ingredients - Chicken
- Course - Main-course
- Occasion - Midweek dinner, Family meals