- 1 kg (2 lb 4 oz) boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 100 g (3 1/2 oz) button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 400 g (14 oz) tin chopped tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste (concentrated purée)
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F/Gas 4). Trim the chicken of any fat and sinew. Heat the oil in a heavy-based frying pan. Add the chicken in batches, and cook for 4 minutes on each side, or until browned. Remove and transfer to a casserole dish.
2. Add the garlic, onion and mushrooms to the pan and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, or until soft. Add to the chicken with the thyme and tomato.
3. Combine the stock, wine and tomato paste and pour over the chicken. Cover and bake for 1 1/4 hours, or until the chicken is tender and cooked through.
- Main Ingredients - Chicken
- Cuisine - French
- Course - Main-course
- Occasion - Family meals