Chicken kofta on baby corn with whipped avocado. Photo: Marcel Aucar
12 fresh cobs baby corn
1 large brown onion, finely diced
4 cloves garlic, finely grated
extra virgin olive oil
3 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp smoked paprika (pimenton)
1 tsp chilli powder
600g chicken mince, preferably thigh
3/4 cup fresh breadcrumbs
1 large egg, lightly whisked
1 green chilli, chopped
1 handful coriander leaves, chopped
freshly ground black pepper
2 ripe avocadoes
15ml extra virgin olive oil
1/2 a lemon, juiced
1. For the avocado puree, process the avocadoes, olive oil and lemon juice with about 20 millilitres of water until you have a light, smooth paste, and season.
2. Preheat your oven to 180C fan-forced or 200C conventional.
3. Blanch the baby corn for 20 seconds in boiling water, then refresh in cold water.
4. Gently fry the onion and garlic in olive oil until softened, add the cumin, paprika and chilli powder and cook for a further minute or until fragrant. Take off the heat and add to a large bowl. Add the chicken, breadcrumbs, egg, chilli and coriander, season and combine until evenly mixed.
5. Divide your kofta mix into 12 even portions, moisten your hands with water and shape each portion around the fat end of the corn cobs.
6. Brown the koftas in a large frying pan with a little olive oil. Transfer to a lined baking tray and bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until cooked through. Serve with the avocado puree.
Drink A young Hunter semillon
- Main Ingredients - Chicken, Corn, Eggs
- Cuisine - Middle Eastern
- Course - Finger-food, Starter/Entree, Lunchbox
- Occasion - Cocktail Party, Dinner Party, New Years, Picnic