- 600 g (1 lb 5 oz) skinless chicken breast fillets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 400 g (14 oz) spaghetti
- 200 g (7 oz) thin asparagus spears, trimmed and halved
- 2 leeks, white part only, sliced
- 245 g (9 oz/1 cup) sour cream
- 80 ml (2½ fl oz/ 1/3 cup) lemon juice
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1 cup small basil leaves
1. Brush the chicken with half the olive oil and season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook the chicken for 5 minutes each side or until golden and just cooked through. Remove from the pan, set aside to cool slightly and then use two forks to coarsely shred the chicken.
2. Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a rapid boil, add the spaghetti and cook until al dente. Add the asparagus for the final 2 minutes of cooking. It should be bright green and tender when the pasta is ready. Drain, reserving a little of the cooking liquid.
3. Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the leek and cook, stirring occasionally, for 6-8 minutes, until softened and light golden. Add the sour cream and lemon juice and stir to combine. Add the shredded chicken and cook for 1 minute to heat through. Add the lemon zest and drained pasta and asparagus, and toss to coat. Add a little of the reserved cooking liquid if the sauce is too thick. Taste and adjust the seasoning, then stir through the basil and serve.
- Main Ingredients - Chicken
- Cuisine - Italian
- Course - Main-course