- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1.5 kg (3 lb 5 oz) chicken pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 redcapsicum (pepper), chopped
- 4 tablespoons dry white wine
- 4 tablespoons chicken stock
- 425 g (15 oz) tin chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste (concentrated purée)
- 90 g (3 1/4 oz/1/2 cup) black olives
- small handful basil, shredded
1. Heat the oil in a saucepan over high heat, add the chicken, in batches, and cook for 3-4 minutes, or until browned. Return all the chicken to the pan and add the onion and capsicum. Cook for 2-3 minutes, or until the onion is soft.
2. Add the wine, stock, tomato, tomato paste and olives and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Remove the lid, turn the chicken pieces over and cook for another 30 minutes, or until the chicken is tender and the sauce thickened. Season to taste, sprinkle with the basil and serve with rice.
- Main Ingredients - Chicken
- Cuisine - French
- Course - Main-course
- Occasion - Family meals