- 10 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cubed
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 3 tablespoons tikka paste
- 125 ml (4 fl oz/1/2 cup) coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
1. Soak 8 skewers in cold water for 30 minutes to prevent scorching. Thread 2 pieces of chicken and a wedge of onion alternately along each skewer. Place the skewers in a shallow, nonmetallic dish.
2. Combine the tikka paste, coconut milk and lemon juice in a jar with a lid. Season and shake well to combine. Pour the mixture over the skewers and marinate for at least 2 hours, or overnight if time permits.
3. Drain, reserving the marinade. Cook the skewers on a hot, lightly oiled barbecue grill plate or flat plate for 4 minutes on each side, or until the chicken is cooked through. Put any leftover marinade in a small saucepan and bring to the boil. Serve as a sauce with the tikka kebabs.
- Main Ingredients - Chicken
- Cuisine - Indian
- Course - Main-course
- Occasion - Family meals, Barbecue