- 2 tablespoons black beans
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 redchilli, seeded and finely chopped
- 310 ml (10 3/4 fl oz/1 1/4 cups) chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons cornflour (cornstarch)
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1. Rinse the black beans under cold water for 3-4 minutes to remove any excess saltiness. Drain well.
2. Heat the oil in a small saucepan and add the onion, ginger, garlic and chilli. Cook over low heat until the onion is soft but not browned. Add the chicken stock and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
3. Mix the cornflour and 1 tablespoon water in a small bowl and add to the pan. Keep stirring and the mixture will thicken. Allow to simmer for 3 minutes, then add the beans and sesame oil and mix together well.
4. Grill (broil) the chicken under a preheated grill (broiler) for 5 minutes on each side, or until cooked through and tender. Serve with the sauce.
- Main Ingredients - Chicken
- Cuisine - Chinese
- Course - Main-course
- Occasion - Family meals, Dinner Party