- 1 tablespoon ghee or vegetable oil
- 2 onions, finely sliced
- 4 garliccloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 2 × 425 g (15 oz) tins chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 400 g (14 oz) tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
1. Heat the ghee in a saucepan. Sauté the onion and garlic over medium heat for 5 minutes, or until the onion has softened.
2. Add the chilli powder, salt, turmeric, paprika, cumin and coriander and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
3. Stir in the chickpeas and tomato, then cover and simmer over low heat for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Stir in the garam masala. Cover and simmer for a further 10 minutes. Serve hot.
- Main Ingredients - Chickpeas
- Course - Main-course
- Occasion - Midweek dinner