- 1 tablespoon light olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 3 medium Roma tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 cup cooked red kidney beans
- 1/4 cup water
- 300 g packet Sanitarium® Soy Healthy™ Country Soy Sausages
- 2 crusty French bread sticks
1. Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan and cook the onion and garlic over medium heat until soft. Add the chilli, cumin, oregano and tomato and cook for 10 minutes, or until the tomato breaks down.
2. Add the kidney beans and water and cook for 5 minutes, or until the mixture starts to thicken.
3. Chargrill or fry the soy sausages over medium heat for 5 minutes.
4. Slice the bread sticks into six pieces, roughly the length of the soy sausages. Cut each piece in half lengthways and top with a soy sausage and a dollop of chilli beans. Sandwich with the top of the roll and serve wrapped in a napkin.
- Main Ingredients - Beans
- Course - Main-course
- Occasion - Midweek dinner, Picnic, Barbecue