- 4 cloves garlic
- 4 large green chillies, seeds in
- 1 teaspoon hot smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 large onion, diced, sea salt, freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 crabs, preferably fresh paddle crabs, cut into quarters and claws cracked
- Title:Garlic Bread
- 1?2 cup softened salted butter
- 3 cloves garlic, very finely chopped, sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1?4 cup finely chopped flat-leafed parsley
- few drops Tabasco sauce
- 12 slices baguette, toasted
In a food processor, process the garlic, chillies, paprika, Worcestershire sauce, onion, salt and pepper until coarsely chopped. Heat a large frying pan or wok, add the olive oil then add the chilli paste and stir for 2 minutes until fragrant.
Add the crabs and stir-fry over a high heat until the crabs have turned orange and are cooked through. This will only take 5-7 minutes with our little New Zealand crabs.
Combine all the ingredients and smear on to slices of toasted baguette. Place in a hot oven and bake until bubbling and browned around the edges. Serve immediately.
You can also find hundreds of recipes from Cuisine, the World's Best Food Magazine, on www.cuisine.co.nz
- Main Ingredients - Fish, Shellfish
- Cuisine - Mexican
- Course - Main-course