Photo: Jennifer Soo
- 250g cream cheese, at room temperature
- 12 sweet biscuits, (substitute gluten free biscuits for wheat free)
- 250g soft unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder, sifted
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Hundreds and thousands, Smarties or other sweets, to decorate
Line the base of a lightly greased 23cm square cake tin with baking paper. Arrange sweet biscuits on the base of tin. Combine cream cheese, butter, sugar, cocoa and vanilla essence in an electric mixer and beat until smooth. Spread half the cream cheese mixture over the biscuit base and smooth top. Arrange remaining biscuits on top. Spread with remaining mixture and smooth top. Decorate with sweets and refrigerate for at least 3 hours or overnight. Cut into squares using a hot dry knife.
Makes about 24.
- Course - Snacks