Photo: Marina Oliphant
- 1 red capsicum, cored and seeded
- 4 tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 mild red chilli, sliced
- 1 red onion, halved and finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Sea salt and pepper
- 4 fresh chorizo sausages
- 4 sourdough rolls
- Mustard for serving (e.g. French's)
Heat oven to 190C. Cut capsicum into one-centimetre strips. Toss tomatoes, capsicum, chilli, onion and garlic with olive oil, sea salt and pepper and arrange on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
Slash one side of each chorizo sausage three times and arrange on top of vegetables. Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until chorizo skin is crisp and the vegetables are soft and cooked through.
Split rolls lengthwise by cutting through the top and heat in the oven for two minutes. Pile roast vegetables into each bun and top each with a chorizo. Top with a long squiggle of mustard and serve immediately.
- Cuisine - American (US)
- Course - Lunch
- Occasion - Barbecue, Australia Day