Photo: Marina Oliphant
- 40g butter
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 garlic clove, finely sliced
- 1/2 small red capsicum, seeds removed and finely sliced into long strips
- 1/2 small yellow capsicum, seeds removed and finely sliced into long strips
- 1/2 small green capsicum, seeds removed and finely sliced into long strips
- 1/2 chorizo, sliced into 1cm pieces
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 tbsp thyme
- 3 basil leaves, finely sliced
- 4 large organic eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
Heat a large nonstick frypan over medium heat. Add 20g butter and pan-fry the onion, garlic, capsicums, chorizo, tomato and herbs. Reduce the heat to low and cook for 10 minutes, then set aside. While the vegetables and chorizo are cooking, whisk the eggs and season with salt and pepper. Heat a small (20cm) nonstick frypan over medium heat. Add 10g butter, then add half of the whisked eggs and half of the pan-fried mixture. Cook until golden on the bottom.
Using a spatula, gently separate the omelet edges from the frypan, making sure there is no egg sticking to the bottom. Grip the pan handle and swirl the omelet around in a circular motion. It should slide around the pan easily. To flip the omelet, quickly move your arm in a forward then backward motion, flicking up the pan and dipping it to catch your airborne supper. Continue to cook until you have a second golden underside and remove from the pan.
Heat the remaining butter in the small frypan and repeat the process. Serve immediately.
- Main Ingredients - Pork
- Cuisine - Spanish
- Course - Lunch