These fragrant choc chip cantuccini harden as they cool, becoming very crisp. Photo: Steven Siewert
- 250g plain flour
- 225g caster sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp Frangelico or similar liqueur
- 2 large eggs
- 60g hazelnuts
- 50g dark chocolate, chopped
- 2 tbsp coconut threads
- 3 tbsp cocoa nibs
1. Heat oven to 180C. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, vanilla extract, liqueur and eggs with 1 tbsp cocoa nibs in a food processor. Whiz until the mixture leaves the sides and forms a ball.
2. Turn out on a floured bench and pat out with floured hands to a flat, free-range pizza shape. Mix the hazelnuts, dark chocolate, coconut and 1 tbsp cocoa nibs and scatter over top. Gather up again and push into a ball shape. Divide the dough in three pieces and pat each into a neat log about 5cm wide. Scatter the top with the remaining cocoa nibs.
3. Place on a baking tray lined with baking paper and bake for 30 minutes or until lightly coloured. Cool for 10 minutes then cut into 1cm slices. Reduce temperature to 140 C and bake for 15 minutes. Cool and store in an airtight container.
- Main Ingredients - Chocolate, Nuts
- Cuisine - Italian
- Course - Snacks
- Occasion - Morning/Afternoon Tea