Great with chicken or fish: Cos and nashi salad with gochujang chilli dressing. Photo: Marcel Aucar
2 baby cos lettuces
1 large red chilli
1 large green chilli
4 spring onions
1 small nashi pear
1 batch gochujang chilli dressing (see recipe here)
1. Cut the whole cos lettuces crossways into three-centimetre-wide pieces and add to a large bowl.
2. Slice the chillies (the gochujang dressing is already hot so you can reduce the extra chillies if you like) and spring onions finely on an angle and add to the cos.
3. Using a mandolin, slice the nashi pear into thin rounds, add to the bowl and toss the ingredients together. Add the dressing, toss to coat and serve.
Drink Oolong tea or an ice-cold beer
Also try: Karen Martini's roasted pumpkin with gochujang dressing, cashews and sesame
- Main Ingredients - Lettuce, Pear
- Cuisine - Korean
- Course - Side Dish, Starter/Entree
- Occasion - Family meals, Barbecue