Photo: Marina Oliphant
- 1 green mango*, peeled
- 1 live mud crab, or 3 blue swimmer or sand crabs, cooked and the meat picked
- ¼ cup mint leaves, torn
- ¼ cup coriander leaves
- half a finely sliced red chilli
- For the dressing
- 3 coriander stems and roots
- 1 heaped tbsp grated palm sugar
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- juice of 1-2 limes
- * You can find green mangoes in Asian grocers.
Roughly but thinly cut the mango and place in a bowl.To make the dressing, crush the coriander stem/root in a mortar and pestle, add the palm sugar and crush until dissolved, then add fish sauce and lime juice. It should taste tangy, sweet and sour.
Combine dressing with all the ingredients and serve at once.
- Main Ingredients - Fish, Shellfish