- 1 large tomato per person, peeled, cut into quarters, seeded and blanched
- 50ml Cabernet Sauvignon vinegar
- 5ml balsamic vinegar
- Half a Spanish onion, finely diced
- Half a bunch fresh basil, chopped
- 8 chopped olives
- Half bunch chopped chives
- 100g cooked crab meat
- 20g diced avocado
- Fish sauce to taste Lime juice to taste
- Title:Basil oil
- 1 bunch basil
- Half bunch flat leaf parsley
- 100ml olive oil
- 100ml vegetable oil
One 125ml tian mould per person
Marinate the tomato quarters for one hour. Drain off the marinade and press the tomato mixture into a tian mould, squeezing out as much liquid as possible.
Combine all ingredients (taking care not to overmix the avocado) and press crab mixture into the tian moulds on top of the tomatoes. Leave until ready to serve.
Blanch basil and parsley then refresh them with cold water. Blend with oils.Allow to settle, then strain. Season oil with lemon juice, salt and pepper.
Turn tian mould on to white plate. Dress a bunch of baby salad leaves such as coriander, basil and chervil, with basil oil and season. Place the leaves on top of each tian. Drizzle more basil oil around the plate.
- Cuisine - French