Photo: Jennifer Soo
- 1 baguette
- 2 cloves garlic
- 180ml extra virgin olive oil
- 250g fresh mozzarella
- 4-5 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup tender, young, flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 2 teaspoons roasted sesame oil
- salt and pepper
- toasted sesame seeds
Make the crostini - as many as you like - by cutting a baguette into 5mm slices. Mince 2 cloves of garlic, mix well with 100ml extra virgin olive oil and brush each slice on both sides.
Put the slices on a baking tray and place in a 150C oven until crisp and golden.
Meanwhile, slice mozzarella (made from buffalo milk, if available) and put it in a bowl with tomatoes. Add parsley leaves. Dress with remaining olive oil and sesame oil (the Spiral brand is excellent). Season with salt and pepper and finish by sprinkling with toasted sesame seeds.
Serve with the crostini.
- Main Ingredients - Bread, Tomato
- Cuisine - Italian
- Course - Finger-food, Snacks, Starter/Entree
- Occasion - Cocktail Party