- 24 large prawns (shrimp), peeled and deveined
- 150 ml (5 fl oz) Chinese rice wine
- 2 red chillies, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons sugar
1. Put the prawns in a non-metallic bowl. Mix the rice wine with the chillies, ginger and sugar and pour over the prawns. Leave to marinate for 30 minutes.
2. Heat a wok until very hot. Take 60 ml (1/4 cup) of the rice wine out of the marinade and add to the wok. Heat it until it is very hot, then light it either with a match or by tipping the side of the wok towards the gas flame. Let the flame burn and die down before adding the rest of the marinade and prawns. Cook for 2-3 minutes, or until the prawns turn pink. Serve immediately.
- Main Ingredients - Shellfish
- Cuisine - Chinese
- Course - Starter/Entree
- Occasion - Cocktail Party, Dinner Party