- 2 cups plain flour, sifted
- ½ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons white wine
- 2 tablespoons Pernod or milk
- almond slivers
1. Combine sifted flour and sugar in a large mixing bowl. Make a well in centre of dry ingredients.
2. Combine oil, wine and Pernod; stir into dry ingredients then knead mixture until smooth. Shape into a ball.
3. Roll out half the dough at a time on a lightly floured surface to 5 mm thick. Cut into rounds with a cutter. Press edges lightly with a fork or knife; pierce well all over with a fork.
4. Place on greased baking trays; place almond slivers on each biscuit. Bake at 180°C for 15–20 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool completely on wire racks.
5. Store in an airtight container.
- Course - Snacks
- Occasion - Easter