- 8 eggs
- 1 tablespoon ghee or oil
- 2 onions, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 3 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
- 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 –1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 400g can tomatoes, undrained and crushed
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
1. Hard-boil the eggs, then peel and quarter. Heat ghee or oil in medium pan, add onions, garlic and ginger. Cook until soft.
2. Add coriander, turmeric, chilli, cumin and salt; stir until onion is coated with spice.
3. Stir in tomato paste, tomatoes and water. Simmer, uncovered, for 10–15 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened. Gently stir in egg and garam masala; heat through.
- Main Ingredients - Eggs, Tomato
- Cuisine - Indian
- Course - Side Dish, Starter/Entree
- Occasion - Midweek dinner