- 4 spring onions (scallions), chopped
- 15 g (½ oz) roughly chopped flat-leaf (Italian) parsley
- 1 handful coriander (cilantro) leaves
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- pinch of chilli powder
- 1 garlicclove, crushed
- 150 g (5½ oz) tinned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- plain (all-purpose) flour, to coat
- oil, for cooking
- 2 tablespoons ready-made hummus
- 2 rounds Lebanese bread, cut in half
- 100 g (3½ oz) ready-made tabouleh
1. Put the spring onion, parsley and coriander in a food processor, and process until finely chopped.
2. Add the spices, garlic and chickpeas, and process to a smooth paste.
3. Shape into 12 patties. Coat lightly in flour and refrigerate for 45 minutes.
4. Fill a deep heavy-based saucepan one-third full of oil and heat to 180°C (350°F), or until a bread cube browns in 15 seconds.
5. Cook the falafel in batches for 2-3 minutes, or until browned and cooked through. Drain on paper towels.
6. To serve, split the Lebanese bread halves. Spread the hummus over the bread, top with the tabouleh and three falafel each. Roll up and wrap in baking paper.
- Main Ingredients - Chickpeas
- Cuisine - Lebanese
- Course - Finger-food