Figs, prosciutto, mozzarella and vino cotto. Photo: Marina Oliphant
- 100g mache (micro lettuce shoots) or other salad greens
- 12 fresh, ripe purple or green figs
- 350g (6 small) buffalo mozzarella or fiore di latte
- 12 slices of prosciutto
- 1 cup green and purple basil leaves
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp fig vino cotto
Wash the mache and dry well. Scatter on a large serving platter.
Cut the stem from each fig and discard, then tear figs in half and place onto platter.
Tear the mozzarella into large chunks and place on top, then drape over the slices of prosciutto. Scatter over the torn basil leaves and season well with salt and pepper.
Mix the olive oil with the vino cotto and drizzle over the salad.
- Cuisine - Italian
- Course - Light lunch, Starter/Entree