- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 4 ripe tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek (South-East Asian chilli paste)
- 1 tablespoon soft brown sugar
- 4 blue eyed cod cutlets or other firm fish cutlets
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar or white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander (cilantro)
1. Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan and add the onion. Cook over medium heat for 2 minutes, or until soft but not browned. Add the tomatoes, sambal oelek, brown sugar and 3 tablespoons of water. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat, cover the wok and simmer for 20 minutes, or until the sauce is thick.
2. Add the fish cutlets to the wok and spoon sauce over them. Cover and cook for 3-5 minutes. Turn the fish to cook the other side.
3. Transfer the fish to serving plates. Add the fish sauce, vinegar and chopped coriander to the sauce in the wok and stir well before spooning the sauce over the fish.
- Main Ingredients - Fish
- Course - Main-course
- Occasion - Family meals