- 2 long green chillies
- 2 small red chillies
- 2 lemongrass stems, white part only
- 2 coriander (cilantro) roots
- 4 makrut (kaffir lime) leaves
- 2.5 cm (1 inch) piece fresh ginger, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 spring onions (scallions), finely sliced
- 1 teaspoon soft brown sugar
- 250 ml (9 fl oz/1 cup) coconut milk
- 400 g (14 oz) firm white fish fillets, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 125 ml (4 fl oz/1/2 cup) coconut cream
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2-3 tablespoons lime juice
1. Heat a wok until hot, then add the whole chillies and roast until just beginning to brown. Remove from the wok, cool and slice.
2. Bruise the lemongrass and coriander roots by crushing them with the flat side of a knife.
3. Add the lemongrass, coriander roots, makrut leaves, ginger, garlic, spring onion, sugar and coconut milk to the wok. Stir and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 2 minutes. Add the fish pieces and simmer gently for 2-3 minutes, or until the fish is tender. Stir in the coconut cream.
4. Stir through the chopped green and red chillies, fish sauce, salt and lime juice to taste and serve immediately.
- Main Ingredients - Fish
- Course - Main-course
- Occasion - Family meals, Dinner Party