A healthy side utilising plenty of vegetables. Photo: Marina Oliphant
2 heads of frisee, trimmed and washed
100ml extra-virgin olive oil
1 tsp fennel seeds, ground
1 lemon, juiced
1 clove garlic, grated
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
3 sprigs of dill, fronds picked
3 sprigs of parsley, leaves picked
1 tbsp tiny capers
1 tbsp plain yoghurt
3 buffalo mozzarella balls, unravelled and pulled into pieces
1. Bring a medium-size saucepan of water to the boil. Place the frisee in it for three minutes and immediately refresh in cold water. Drain and squeeze hard to remove as much moisture as possible. Place in a bowl.
2. Whisk half the oil with the fennel seeds, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper.
3. Dress the frisee leaves, then toss through half the herbs and capers.
4. Mix the remaining oil with the yoghurt and season. Toss the mozzarella pieces through the yoghurt and oil mixture and pile on a flat platter. Spoon the dressed frisee over, scatter the remaining herbs and capers on top and serve.
Drink Pinot grigio.
- Main Ingredients - Cheese, Yoghurt, Lettuce
- Cuisine - Italian
- Course - Side Dish, Starter/Entree
- Occasion - Barbecue, Family meals, Midweek dinner