Gai larn and barbecued pork stir-fry
Don't worry if you can't identify the amazing greens in your local Asian store. If it has thick stalks, it will be good steamed, stir-fried or boiled; it if has small, round leaves it will add crunch, colour and flavour to soups and steamboats.
Have your say
- 1 tbsp peanut oil
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 2 small fresh red chillies, finely chopped, or to taste
- 1 bunch gai larn, cut into 4cm lengths
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 500g barbecued pork, sliced
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce, mixed with 1 tbsp water
Heat oil in wok and when hot add garlic, ginger and chillies and stir-fry until fragrant. Add gai larn stems and stir 1-2 minutes, add gai larn leaves and chicken stock, cover and cook for 2-3 mins.Add pork and stir until heated through. Remove from heat and drizzle with oyster sauce.
Serve with steamed jasmine rice.