Greek olive oil beans with feta. Photo: Marina Oliphant
- 100ml extra virgin olive oil
- 300g green beans, tops trimmed, tails on
- 1½ cup podded broad beans
- 4 eschallots, finely sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- 1 long red chilli, finely sliced with seeds in
- 1 tin crushed tomatoes
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp castor sugar
- 1 bay leaf
- Sea salt and pepper
- 1 handful fresh oregano, leaves torn
- 100g firm Greek feta, crumbled
1. Place a medium heavy-based frying pan over medium heat.
2. Add oil and both beans, cook for four minutes then add eschallots, garlic and chilli and cook for three minutes or until golden brown.
3. Add tomatoes, vinegar, sugar, bay leaf, salt and pepper. Simmer for 10 minutes until vegetables are tender.
4. Sprinkle with oregano and feta and serve.
Tip This recipe is also an excellent way to cook baby okra.
- Main Ingredients - Cheese, Green beans
- Cuisine - Greek
- Course - Side Dish, Light lunch